Photo by Avi Dolgin
Frequently Asked Questions
BC Ferries operates an inter-island ferry, the Kwuna. It travels between Alliford Bay and Skidegate Landing on a near hourly schedule between 7:00 AM and 10:30 PM. Some additional sailings are available in the evenings. Click here for the seasonal schedule. Reservations are not accepted as this is a first come first serve service.
There is no public transport available on Haida Gwaii. Our communities are at a distance from each other which typically require a rental or personal vehicle to navigate, ex.:
- Daajing Giids to Sandspit- 14km + 25 minute ferry ride
- Daajing Giids to Skidegate- 7km
- Daajing Giids to Tlell – 47 km
- Daajing Gids to Port Clements – 68 km
- Daajing Giids to Masset- 108 km
- Daajing Giids to Old Massett 112 km
- Daajing Giids to Taw Tldaaw/Tow Hill – 138km
It is strongly recommended to book ahead if you require a rental vehicle as they are in limited supply on Haida Gwaii. The Airport Shuttle and Taxi services also require advance booking. There is only one taxi company on South Graham, and taxi services are not available between Daajing Giids and Masset.
- Sandspit Budget (250-637-5688)
- Budget Daajing Giids (250-559-4641)
- Gwaii Taxi and Tours (Skidegate)
- Tours & Rentals: 250-559-2380
- Taxi 250-637-1162
- Airport Shuttle 250-876-1866
- Masset Car and Truck Rental 250-626-7089
- Rustic Rentals 250-626-3756
- National Rentals Masset – 250-626-3833
Electric Scooter Rental:
- Haida Gwaii Scooters (Skidegate) 250-559-4643
- Greencoast Kayak in Daajing Giids has a handful of bicycles for rental: 250-637-1093
There are very limited charging options currently available for electric vehicles on Haida Gwaii. There are trickle-chargers (may take a number of hours to receive a full charge) available at:
- Haida Gwaii Hospital (Daajing Giids)
- Northern Haida Gwaii Hospital (Masset)
- Haida Heritage Centre (Skidegate)
Propane is available at the Taaw Naay gas station on Highway 16 in Skidegate, however it is only available to refill propane canisters.
To fill propane vehicles or RV’s the only option is Coastal Propane in Masset along Highway 16 heading into town. Coastal Propane is open weekdays from 09.00am – 5.00pm at (250) 624-5011.
Marine & auto services
- Gas, Diesel, Mechanic
1963 Collison Ave.
7 – 7 Mon-Sat
7 – 6 Sun
- Tel: 250-626-3756
- 1900 Towhill Rd.
- BC-16, Masset
- Mon- Fri 9-4:30
- Marine Fuel, Freight
- Mon- Fri 9 – 4:30
- Closed 12 – 1:00
- 2010 Harrison Ave.
- Auto Body Repairs
- 1993 Collison Ave. (Daddy Cool’s)
- Golf & Country Club
Campervan available for hire from May 1 to Sept 31
Pick up at Skidegate Ferry Terminal or Sandspit Airport.
Visit www.gwaiiadventures.ca for more information
R-Pod, a small recreation vehicle that can accommodate 2 adults
2040 Marwell Rd.